2019 Board Election Process
Toronto – June 3, 2019. Professional Iranian Canadian Real Estate Association (PICRA) is pleased to announce that the Board of Directors election process will commence on November 1, 2019 with a call for nomination, and then in person voting will be held at PICRA’s annual general assembly on December 11, 2019.
PICRA’s election process provides Iranian Canadian REALTOR® members an opportunity to take a leadership role in helping to build trusted association and to ensure PICRA continues to be an accessible, secure and trusted Iranian Canadian resource for its members for 2020-2022.
As per PICRA by-laws, to be a candidate for Board of Directors elections, you must have been a volunteer within a PICRA committee for a minimum of 6 months.
- July 2 – 5: To be a candidate for elections, you must be a volunteer within a committee first. Please send an email to email@example.com announcing your desire to be a volunteer within a committee in order to qualify for elections. Include your contact information.
- November 1: Call for Nominations. Candidates to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org announcing their candidacy. Please include Full Name, Title, Brokerage, Years in Service, and Bio.
- November 11: List of nominees and their credentials will be posted online at www.picra.ca.
- December 11: General Assembly and voting. 9:30 AM at a location to be determined at a later date. Al members please attend.
- If no candidates, current Board of Directors may elect to carry on for another two years until new candidates / volunteers have joined.
PICRA is a volunteer-based organization that relies upon volunteers to help run our many committees and to meet our goal of delivering value-based services to our members. Our volunteers take a great deal of pride in their many contributions to our organization. They strongly support our goals and are members of the community that we serve. If you can dedicate an hour or two per week to help our association grow, please contact us via email@example.com. Current volunteer opportunities are in Education, Member Services, Business Development, Public Relations, and Technology committees.
ONE MEMBER, ONE VOTE
The day you became member, you became part of a community that’s now close to 600+ members strong. You also became a voice in this organization. Your vote is both a right and a responsibility, and electing representatives you trust to provide informed oversight, passionate stewardship, and sound decision-making is an essential part of securing a vibrant future for PICRA.
WHAT YOU’RE VOTING ON
You’re voting on the individuals you’d like to oversee your vision on the Board of Directors. Board members are the elected stewards of PICRA, and serve a two-year term with the option to run again for a second term. In the annual general greeting, members elect a number of candidates to sit on the Board.During the election, members also have the opportunity to raise their concerns on certain ideas can provide direction to the Board, change our rules of operation, and affect the way we operate. On December 11, PICRA’s by-laws and financial records will also be reviewed.
All members will be notified by email to participate in the election and in the general meeting. Further details will be posted on PICRA’s website www.PICRA.ca, on our Facebook page, and will be emailed to all members as they become available.
Board of Directors